Sunday 16 April 2017

BB and the Tog (yes its a moan about Togs)

A quick tour of the Kent countryside was in order to pick up a bird that doesn't frequent Whetsted...or hasn't when ive been there...

Gargany....a splendid male at Bough Beech....and as its only 25 minutes or so away when its quiet on the road I took the plunge....having been given fine instructions from JdB it took very little time in locating it.....on the floods on the right just after going through the entrance gate....great views from the hide....

....the Tog came in the hide a few minutes after me...no scope, just a big lens and camera (though at least he had bins).....now.....if I said click every time I saw a bird through my scope or bins it would, I'm guessing, get pretty annoying....now Togs....please....you are all using digital cameras and they only make a noise because you haven't set them to quiet....in the menu....and yes....its annoying when I'm the only one in the hide, you come in and start click, click, clicking with your loud digital camera not set to quiet...you don't need that click noise....no...you don't....honest...

Moan over....phew!!

....having gained that tick for the year....always hoping to see another and really hoping one will alight at Whetsted....I moved on to Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve...

Its amazing to think that right on the edge of Sevenoaks this reserve holds breeding Little Ringed Plover....fabulous....I did visit a few weeks ago as I hadn't been for years....its a nice little wander about....I stopped off to take in the Plovers....I found at least 7...possibly 8.....then it was on to Slingsby Hide for the Reed Warbler....which sat out giving splendid views....

I'm pretty sure there will be one at Whetsted by now...or at least the next couple of days....these birds always insist on an amazing amount of patience and then theres no guarantee you will see them....hey....but that's birding...

Lastly I stopped off on Hadlow Road on the way out of Tonbridge to try to get Little Owl....bah!!  2 out of 3 aint bad....as the song says....

Happy Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment